Last modified: February 29, 2016
There are many different ways you can use our services and products. When you share information with us, for example by creating a 7Q Account, we can make those services and products even better Ð to help you improve your processes or to make feature automated and more user friendly. As you use our services and products, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible. Your privacy matters to 7Q so whether you are new to 7Q or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices Ð and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services and products to all of our users Ð from figuring out basic stuff, to more complex things.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, our services and products require you to sign up for a 7Q Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card to store with your account.
- Information we get from your use of our services and products. We collect information about the services and products that you use and how you use them, This information includes:
- Device information
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). 7Q may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your 7Q Account.
- Log information
When you use our services and products or view content provided by 7Q, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your 7Q Account.
- Location information
When you use 7Q services and products, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, and other sensors that may, for example, provide 7Q with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers
Certain services and products include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to 7Q when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a 7Q service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services and products we offer to our partners, such as advertising services and products or 7Q features that may appear on other sites. Our 7Q Analytics product helps businesses and site owners analyze the traffic to their websites and apps. When used in conjunction with our advertising services and products, such as those using the DoubleClick cookie, 7Q Analytics information is linked, by the 7Q Analytics customer or by 7Q, using 7Q technology, with information about visits to multiple sites.
- Device information
Information we collect when you are signed in to 7Q, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your 7Q Account. When information is associated with your 7Q Account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services and products to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect 7Q and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content.
We may use the name you provide for your 7Q Profile across all of the services and products we offer that require a 7Q Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your 7Q Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services and products.
When you contact 7Q, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services and products, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services and products. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services and products appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other 7Q services and products. We will not combine DoubleClick cookie information with personally identifiable information unless we have your opt-in consent.
7Q processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and update your 7Q account information to change your password and personal information.
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your 7Q Account
- Take information associated with your 7Q Account out of our services and products.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services and products, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services and products may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services and products, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it Ð unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services and products in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services and products, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of 7Q unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of 7Q when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- With domain administrators
If your 7Q Account is managed for you by a system administrator (for example, for 7Q Apps users) then your system administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your 7Q Account information (including your email and other data). Your system administrator may be able to:
- View statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
- Change your account password.
- Suspend or terminate your account access.
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of 7Q if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of 7Q, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners Ð like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services and products.
We work hard to protect 7Q and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services and products using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to 7Q employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities